If you like Writing?
If you're Creative?
If you're 15 or under?
...then you might be interested in taking part in Kambani's DIY Greeting Cards project.
Kambani is undertaking the project to help artists from Africa.
Kambani's aim is to help artists from Africa.
To help them we have put together a project that will ensure they receive some good rewards for their talent. We believe artists in Africa deserve a chance to compete internationally.
We aim to produce a range of culturally rich greeting cards. The cards will be DIY cards. This means you can "Do it Yourself". You will be able to build your own unique card from three parts; the card, the cover image and the written insert. We will use the images of our artists for the front of the cards but we donít have the words to use inside the cards. That is where we need your help.
We would like you to choose a theme that you like from the list below and write a short piece about it. Be creative, write a poem but please do not write more than 150 words. All chosen entries will be used to make inserts for the DIY greeting cards. The aim is to sell the greeting cards with the inserts in a variety of places. All details will be updated on the website.
Easter * Christmas * Divali * Birthdays * Anniversaries * Valentines
Mothers Day * Fathers day * Weddings * Sympathy * Get Well * Other
If you are writing about a theme that is not in the list, please state the theme in the box below. You can submit as many entries as you wish. Your entry can be funny, soppy, serious or anything you want it to be. Be imaginative, be creative, but most of all, have fun!!
All entries must be submitted through this website on the form below. Remember to check the website regularly for updates.
- Participants must be 15 years or under.
- Entries must include all details in the form below.
- Participants must obtain parental or guardians consent before participating.
- Parents/guardians of participants give consent for participants name to be published by Kambani on their website.
- Parents/guardians of successful participants give consent for participants name to be published on the inserts which will form part of the DIY greeting card.
- Parents/guardians of successful participants give consent for entires to be used by Kambani Arts for a variety of publications. Any use will be duly credited to the author.
- Parents/guardians of successful participants accept that the DIY cards will be sold in a variety of outlets globally.
- All parents/guardians of successful participants accept that proceeds from the sale of DIY greeting cards will go towards charitable art development projects in Africa, details of which will be available on request.
Please submit your entry by completing the form below.
All areas marked * must be completed.